As you may know, Christine at Brave and Reckless has sponsored several writing prompt challenges over the last six months. The Breath and Bone Writing Prompt Challenge will be winding down on July 9th and she has just announced her next challenge: Blood Into Ink. Although this challenge is inspired by this writing community, submissions do not have to be about survival. Women and men alike are encouraged to take this prompt where their muse leads them.
Writing Prompt: Blood Into Ink: Warrior Voices
- Using the writing prompt above, write a 100 to 800 word original, previously unpublished piece that integrates the writing prompt. It can be poetry, prose, short fiction or even essay. The prompt can be used as the title, you can use the phrase intact, or break it up however you want within the written piece.
- Pick out an image to go with your submission
- Write a brief biography
- Send the following to email@example.com by midnight EST on Sunday, July 30, 2017:
- Your original piece
- suggested image
- brief biography
- link to where you post your writing (blog, Facebook page, Instagram, etc.)
- Submissions will be judged by Christine and at least one guest judge. If you are interested in being a guest judge for this challenge, let Christine know!
- Christine will publish all submissions on Brave and Reckless as long as they are appropriate and you are welcome to reblog once they have been published on B & R. They will also get a plug on Brave and Reckless‘ Twitter and Facebook pages. With the approval of the Blood Into Ink Curators, relevant submissions may also be published on Blood Into Ink.
Please feel free reblog and post this challenge invitation